Uncompromising spirit shows up in the number of years of timely design process. It took five years for Rönkkö to realize the design and movement AR1 of the Steel Labyrinth, giving him time to meet all his ideals and requirements; both mechanical and aesthetic. Only the quest for true perfection gives him the emotional satisfaction from his work.
The passion for watchmaking and respect for tradition stands out through Rönkkö’s unique timepieces; design, materials and mechanisms without compromise. The construction of the ‘Steel Labyrinth’ is designed to stand the test of time and when looked after, will last a lifetime. The German silver used for the bridges is an ideal material because of its endurance and resilience. Due to these factors, the manufacturing and hand finishing is time-consuming and labor-intensive. And for these reasons, the number of unique timepieces remain limited.
The design is inspired by ancient greek-roman myths, art and architecture; the still lines and steady curves are not there by chance. Fine-tuned mechanics are based on the path of least resistance. The energy has to flow freely through the fine mechanics created by Rönkkö. He has proven that a combination of traditional methods and his own insight work best together.
In his quest for shapes and angles impossible to achieve with the modern machinery, Rönkkö takes a painstaking and time-consuming route in order to manufacture and finish his timepieces by hand. He follows the same path as the old masters before him and is proud to carry their knowledge with him.
MOVEMENT AR 1
• Manual wind
• Hours, minutes, small second at 7 o’clock
• 36h power reserve
• 18000 vibrations per hour (2.5Hz)
• 17 jewels
• Breguet balance spiral
• Movement diameter 35mm and height 3.5mm
• Plates are made of non-plated German silver, except pallet lever bridge and escape wheel bridge made from stainless steel
• Finishing of the movement: bottom side circular graining (perlage), top side straight line grinding, edges are hand bevelled and polished with many interior and exterior angles
• Movement is connected directly to the casing without movement-ring by two screwpins
• Dragon foot design – diameter 41mm and height 11.5mm
• Hand finished, Stavax ESR hardened stainless steel case with satin finished surfaces and polished edges, completely nickel free
• Dial side curved sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating inside, back side flat sapphire crystal with anti-reflection coating inside
• Stainless steel crown with AR logo
• Water-resistant to 3 ATM
• Complex labyrinth textured dial with black DLC coating
• Stainless steel index ring with 4 screws
• Hands made from stainless steel
• Hand finished, Stavax ESR hardened stainless steel buckle with satin finished surfaces and polished edges, completely nickel free
• Various types of leather
MAKE AN INQUIRY
November 22, 2012